Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) in Joginpally B.R. Engineering College strives to create/sustain and augment the gender-neutral atmosphere of the college. WEC empowers women and creates awareness of Women’s Rights. The Cell encourages the women to come forward to talk about women-related issues and tries to sensitize the men about gender reality as the goal to liberate and empower women. The focus of the cell is to eradicate the unfairness and all forms of aggression against women. With a view of embracing women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for girl’s students to share their experiences and views regarding their status in society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves. Aiming at the rational and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, gender-related seminars.
Basic Functions of Cell
- Works to promote gender sensitivity on equality in the Institution and conducts diverse programs to educate, sensitize both male and female members.
- Strives for women empowerment and the creation of a gender-equitable campus.
- Encourages women to undertake activities that strengthen their self-confidence.
- Organizes workshops and sensitization programs both for staff and students by eminent persons.
- Looks into the issues of women empowerment & protection and women safety and equitability of gender.
- Notifies its presence through posters, notices, and interactive sessions and also creates awareness among the students and faculty on the issues they face.
This committee will meet at least once in a semester or more often as required and submit its minutes of meeting to the Principal for necessary actions.
|Sl. no.||Name of the faculty||Designation||Department||Position|
|1||Dr.V.Usha Shree||Principal & Professor||ECE||Chairperson|
|2||Dr.D.Magdalene Delighta Angeline||Assistant Professor||CSE||Coordinator|
|5||Ms.G.S.V.V. Mutyavali||Assistant Professor||EEE||Member|
|7||Mrs. Mubeen Sayyada||Assistant Professor||IT||Member|