Women Empowerment Cell (WEC)
Women Empowerment Cell (WEC) in Joginpally B.R. Engineering College strives to create/sustain and augment the gender-neutral atmosphere of the college. WEC empowers women and creates awareness of Women’s Rights. The Cell encourages the women to come forward to talk about women-related issues and tries to sensitize the men about gender reality as the goal to liberate and empower women. The focus of the cell is to eradicate the unfairness and all forms of aggression against women. With a view of embracing women’s issues and problems, the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for girl’s students to share their experiences and views regarding their status in society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves. Aiming at the rational and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, gender-related seminars.
Basic Functions of Cell
- Works to promote gender sensitivity on equality in the Institution and conducts diverse programs to educate, sensitize both male and female members.
- Strives for women empowerment and the creation of a gender-equitable campus.
- Encourages women to undertake activities that strengthen their self-confidence.
- Organizes workshops and sensitization programs both for staff and students by eminent persons.
- Looks into the issues of women empowerment & protection and women safety and equitability of gender.
- Notifies its presence through posters, notices, and interactive sessions and also creates awareness among the students and faculty on the issues they face.
This committee will meet at least once in a semester or more often as required and submit its minutes of meeting to the Principal for necessary actions.
|Sl. no.||Name of the faculty||Designation||Department||Position|
|1||Dr.B.Venkata Ramana Reddy||Principal & Professor||CSE||Chairperson|
|2||Dr.D.Magdalene Delighta Angeline||Associate Professor||CSE||Coordinator|
|5||Ms.G.S.V.V. Mutyavali||Assistant Professor||EEE||Member|
Snapshots of the event 2021-22
National Girl Child Day Celebrations Webinar on Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow - 24.01.2022
Sankranti Celebrations ``Rangoli Competition`` - 07.01.2022
Human Rights Day Events - 10.12.2021
Seminar on Health, Sanitation and Hygiene - 18.11.2021
Bathukamma Celebration - 09.10.2021
Snapshots of the Events 2020-21
Women’s Day Celebration - 08.03.2021
Guest Lecture on “Future Trends and Futuristic Strategies for the Entrepreneurial Skills” on account of National Girl Child Day - 23.01.2021
Sankranthi Celebrations - 12-01-2021, 15-01-2021 and 18.01.2021
Bathukamma Celebrations - 16-10-2021 and 23.10.2021
Last Updated on July 17, 2022 by admin