IQAC QUALITY INITIATIVES
JBREC follows Choice based credit system regulations and curriculum of affiliating university JNTUH. CBCS provides a learning platform wherein the student or knowledge seeker has the flexibility to choose their course from a list of elective, core and soft skill courses. This is a student-centric approach to learning or acquiring higher education.
2.Teaching – Learning and Evaluation
- Students’ centric pedagogy to achieve graduate attributes.
- Promote pedagogical innovation and encouraging innovative teaching practices among the staff and staff development.
- Teaching aids like LCD, ICT, e-resources for Teaching and Learning Management System (LMS) were utilized and promoted.
- MOOC courses by IIT Bombay X, IIT Kharagpur, NPTEL, Spoken Tutorials and over 80 faculty members are qualified in various courses.
- Initiated CO-PO attainment for all programs
- Students are mentored (1:20) by interactive sessions other than the regular classroom / laboratory contact hours.
- Special Attention will be paid towards slow Learners.
- Training on Life Skills and Campus Recruitment Training (CRT).
- Conducts induction programme to the newly joined faculty.
- Conducts orientation and induction programme as per JNTUH guidelines for the first year students.
- Conducting Workshops/Guest Lectures/FDPs/Conferences/Sports Activities.
- Review of result analysis for every semester.
3. Research Innovations and Extensions
- Established an Incubation Centre for promoting entrepreneurship in the student community.
- Consultancy on modest scale is provided by private Industries.
4. Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Initiated Plagiarism for M.Tech project reports using software for quality improvement of Research and Thesis work.
- Remote accessing facility to e-learning for students and faculty
- JBREC has 100 % ICT enabled class rooms
- JBREC Maintains Clean and Green campus environment.
- Digital library is available with free internet facility and with latest journals by on- campus and off- campus logins.
5. Student Support and Progression
- Strengthened Career Guidance and Placement Cell.
- Transparent mechanism for timely redressal of student grievances including sexual harassment and ragging cases.
- Hackathons, industrial visits, mock interviews, guest lectures, career counseling classes, workshops, motivational classes, personal counseling, soft skill training, remedial classes, bridge courses, yoga and meditation classes are being conducted.
- JBREC conducts technical seminars, Quizzes, Engineers day, science day, in-axis -Tech Fest, Pulse, Rhythms, Spices, Spoorthy -Cultural Fest and Sports every year.
- Engaged Students in constructive and sensitive services to the community through NSS.
- Institute has student chapters like IEEE, ISTE, CSI, SAE .etc
- Implemented Mentor – Mentee System.
6. Governance, Leadership and Management
- Strategic plan prepared.
- Regular Academic Audits are conducted.
- JBREC Participated in NIRF ranking.
- Participated in Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of MSME through Incubators.
7. Institutional Values and Best Practices
- JBREC is environmental and eco-friendly institution.
- More Green Initiatives such as wastewater treatment as well as recycling and rainwater harvesting are followed.
- Established Solar power station of 60 KVA
- JBREC Conducts Regular Energy audit
- JBREC is getting Consistent awards for NSS activity especially for Blood donation.
- Institution encourages the Projects with social relevance
- JBREC has YOUNIFY FM community radio station
- Established National Cadet Corp (NCC) Unit for Boys and Girls
- Signed MOUs with Industries/NGOs/Research Institutions.
- Conducting Student Satisfaction Survey.
- Conduct Parent- Teachers Meeting.
- Taking the Performance Appraisals of Teaching and Non-Teaching Members
- Redressal of grievances received by stake holders
- Preparation of annual report and conduct of internal and external Audit
- Some more initiatives planned
- To establish of Centre for Engineering Education Research (CEER)
- To establish Centre of Excellences in various departments
- To conduct gender sensitization to all the faculty and students
- To preparation of research project proposals & writing scientific/research articles
- To collaborate with Foreign Universities for various exchange programmes.
- To facilitate Faculty to apply to different state and central funding agencies for research projects.
9. IQAC Strategies:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Ensuring the credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Establish the relevance of academic quality to augment R&D activities
- Provide access to various cost-effective academic programmes to all sections of society
- Use of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Develop suitable rubrics to attain and assess academic quality
- Deploy resources for strong support to infra-structure and technical-services
- Focus on resource mobilization for consultancy.