Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
IQAC is reconstituted in Joginpally B.R. Engineering College under the chairmanship of Head of the Institution Dr. V.Usha Shree, with heads of all the Departments and a few teachers and representatives of local management and stakeholders. As per the guidelines of NAAC, IQAC Constitution is as follows:
1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
2. A few senior administrative ofticers
3. Three to eight teachers
4. One member from the Management
5. One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders
7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years. The IQAC should meet at least once in every quarter. The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members. The agenda and minutes are documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
The Institute established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell with the following composition.
|Name of the Member
|Role of IQAC
|Dr. V. Usha Shree
|Vice Principal & HOD, H&S
|HOD , CSE
|Prof., Dean Administration
|Professor, Dean Student Affairs
|Dr.S M K M Abbas Ahmed
|Professor, Dean Infrastructure
|Professor, Dean IIC
|Professor, Dean R&D
|Dr.D.Magdalene Delighta Angeline
|Professor, Dean ICT
|Professor, Dean IC
|Assoc. Prof., NSS PO
The policy of the institution with regard to quality assurance is:
- Fixing quality parameters for various academic and administrative activities.
- Monitoring the organization of class work and related academic activities.
- Conducting Internal Quality Audits periodically to verify the effectiveness of measures taken in reaching the quality parameters.
- Documenting various programs/ academic activities leading to quality improvement and reviewing their effectiveness in quality improvement/ sustenance
All the decisions of the IQAC were approved by management for implementation and 90% of them were actually implemented.
The following suggestions of the external members of IQAC have been implemented.
- Conduct of Industry related Certification Programmes.
- Conduct of faculty enablement programmes in collaboration with premier academic institutions
Students and alumni contribute to the effective functioning of the IQAC?
- The student members of Class Monitoring Committees offer their observations / views for enhancing teaching – learning process and conduct of various co-curricular / extra-curricular activities in the institute
- Alumni are very active and productive in analyzing the requirements of external environment and attributes of the other colleagues and communicating the remedial measures to be taken up at institution level.
- Alumni are sensitizing the students by sharing their views in several interactive sessions with students and staff etc, every year.
The IQAC constituted different sub committees in which most of the staff members are involved in formulating and executing the decisions of IQAC. The decisions of IQAC are widely communicated to staff members through circulars/ notices.
- IQAC is the main academic body to monitor and control all the academic related activities, including the preparation of academic calendar.
- IQAC is also responsible for faculty training in the usage of teaching tools in multimedia and The evaluation of student feedback, peer evaluation and effective counselling. Administrative System:
By forming various administrative related Committees with defined duties and responsibilities of various activities. The student representation in college committees will strengthen the administrative system. Internal and external audit system for college accounts along with the computerization of all office functions
Faculty is being deputed to various training programmes related to quality assurance procedures and standards.
Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by admin