Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Producing successful entrepreneurs embedded with leadership qualities using innovative and ethical business practices to make global impact.
To be the leader in enabling & facilitating entrepreneurs, support the sparks of budding entrepreneurs and manifesting the spirit and energy of young students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programs and schemes.
Objectives of EDC
The objective of this cell is to develop spirit of Entrepreneurship among the students. Activities of this cell include Creating Awareness Programmes, Mentoring Students, and Assisting in getting financial support for Start-ups.
Functions of EDC
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of students & faculty.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
Organization Structure of EDC:
Chairman: Dr. V. Usha Shree, Principal, JBREC
Faculty Secretary: Dr. T.V.S. Arun Murthy (Dean – Academics)
Faculty Incharge: Dr. R.Ravikumar (Dean – IIC)
- S. Sathish Kumar (Dean – R&D)
- S.M.K.M Abbas Ahmad ( Dean – Infrastructure)
- Mr.L.Sreenivasa Rao,Assistant Professor/Mech
- Md.Chand Basha, Assistant Professor/CSE
- D.Rajesh, Assistant Professor/S&H
- Thimma Reddy, Assistant Professor/IT
- Y.Jyothsna, Assistant Professor/MBA
- G. Muthayavalli, Assistant Professor/EEE
Student Committee List:
|Sl.No.||Name of the student||Year of Studying||Department||Position held|
|7||Dheeraj||Third||MECH||Executive committee member|
|8||K Shravani||Fourth||ECE||Executive committee member|
|9||Mr.Manjunath||Fourth||EEE||Executive committee member|
|10||PalivelaSrilasya||Third||CSE||Executive committee member|
|11||M.Aashish||Third||IT||Executive committee member|
|17||Rachamadugu Karan Kalyan||Third||CSE||Member|
EDC cell activities
- Entrepreneurship and Development successfully organized 3-days “Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp” during 14th to 16th November 2019 sponsored by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar, and New Delhi.114 students (UG, PG with MBA) are successfully benefited and participated in the camp and each participant is awarded with Participation Certificate.
- Entrepreneurship and Development successfully organized 3-days “Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp” during 01st to 03rd November 2018 sponsored by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar, and New Delhi. 120 students (UG, PG with MBA) are successfully benefited and participated in the camp and each participant is awarded with Participation Certificate.
- Organised One Day Workshop on “Entrepreneurship and Innovation as Career Opportunity.
- Organised Frugal Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship Online session 16:Frugal Engineering and Social Entrepreneurship
- Organised Interaction with Student Innovators and Entrepreneurs Emerged from Smart India Hackathon (SIH) Online Session 17:Interaction with Student Innovators and Entrepreneurs Emerged from Smart India Hackathon (SIH)