The institution collects the feedback on programmes and courses from different stakeholders such as the students, alumni, Faculty and Employers. Academic Audit Committee is formed to assess three major aspects, viz., Faculty Performance, Students Support System and Evaluation. The periodical review meeting is conducted to review the following:
- Student’s performance in end semester results,
- Staff performance in each semester, Staff quality enrichment,
- Infrastructure utilization and requirements
Course end survey is taken by the faculty handling the subjects at the end of the semester for that particular course about the delivery of course contents, mode of delivery, lecture notes, question banks and improvement facts etc.
Course Exit Survey is taken from the final year students who are about to leave the college about the entire infrastructure facilities of the institution, faculty availability, administrative facilities and placements.
Action Taken on Feedback from students, Faculty, Employers and Alumni
The college follows a continuous review system of the curriculum. The College established an IQAC as a Quality sustenance and Quality enhancement measure. The IQAC has been infusing a sense of belongingness into the entire teaching faculty of the Institution. The functioning of various committees of the College strengthens the quality sustenance and enhancement measures to ensure the effective development of curricula.
The college makes efforts to integrate socially relevant issues into the curriculum with the help of the different cells functioning in the college like Career Guidance Cell, Equal Opportunity Cell, Student Welfare Cell, Anti-Ragging Cell, SC/ST Cell, NSS, and NCC.
The Academic Audit Committee ensure quality enhancement. IQAC has been organizing Faculty Development Programme every year to enhance the professional competency and teaching pedagogy of the faculty. Improving educational qualifications, submission / publication of papers / articles by faculty. Conduct of Seminars/ Symposia and Workshops as scheduled in the academic plan. Intensive participation of students in Curricular, Extra Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities. Curriculum is enriched through mini projects/ student conferences/symposiums and innovative club in the college. Students are also introduced to engineering as a profession that requires not only technological skills but also an ethical orientation, of the need for lifelong learning, and of the importance of Humanities courses.
- Alumni surveys are conducted during alumni interaction at the alumni association meeting held every year
- Whenever any alumni visits the college, feedback is taken
- Further, college website invites alumni to provide feedback through online.
- Feedback from industry, R & D establishments, professional bodies also are obtained.
The data is analyzed and their suggestions are considered and placed before the Academic Audit Committee for discussion and for possible incorporation in the curriculum.
The Institution would like to include the following Curriculum Aspects which enrich the curriculam:
- Flexible and Choice Based Credit System to learn soft core elective courses, professional elective courses and open elective courses offered across the departments.
- Value added courses.
- Courses on communication skills / Professional ethics / Environmental Engineering, and Employability Skills.
- Tutorials for all analytical subjects.
- Library hour / Association Activity hour in the time table.
- Technical seminar.
- Mini Projects in many courses
- Design experiments in many laboratory courses thereby stimulating creativity and innovation in students.
Last Updated on May 16, 2019 by admin