Dr. S.Sathish Kumar B.E, M.E., Ph.D.
Dr.S. Sathish Kumar received B.E degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Barugur, in 2001, the M.E degree Power Electronics and Drives in MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College Sivakasi, in 2006, and received PhD in Anna University in 2017. Currently, he is working as a Professor in Joginpally B.R Engineering College, Hyderabad, India. His research interests are optimization methods, photovoltaic and maximum power point tracking techniques.
At present he is a Professor andDean R&D in department of EEE in Joginpally BR Engineering College, Hyderabad India. He has authored over 12 research publications in international and national journals and conferences. His research interests include fuzzy logic and neural network applications to power electronics and drives. He is member of IETE, ISTE, IAENG, IFREB, ICSES and IE (India).
His academic service he has taken up vital responsibilities like AICTE Affiliation In charge, University Exam Cell In charge, Chief Superintendent for conducting University Exams, Overall Coordinator for Anna University Auditing.
- Sathish Kumar &C.Nagarajan” Modeling and Simulation of New Space Vector PWM Modulated Input Switched hybrid nine levels Converter for Three Phase Grid Connected PV Energy Generation Systems in SIMULATION journal SAGE publication (accepted) (Annexure I).
- Sathish Kumar&C.Nagarajan “Global Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Technique in DC –DC Boost Converter Solar Photovoltaic Array under partial shading – published in WSEAS publications on power systems. (Volume 12, 2017)(AnnexureII).
- Sathish Kumar &C.Nagarajan” Performance – Economic and Energy Loss analysis of 80 KWpGrid Connected Roof Top Transformer less Photovoltaic power Plant in circuits and systems journal scientific research publicationVol.7 No.6, May 2016. (AnnexureI).
- Sathish Kumar &C.Nagarajan” Harmonic Minimization and Switching Angle Calculation in Input Switched Hybrid Multilevel Inverter Using Newton Raphson and Genetic Algorithm by SHEPWM Method in circuits and systems journal scientific research publication (selected) paper id7600616 (Annexure I).
- Sathish Kumar &C.Nagarajan “Design And Development Of A Fuzzy PI Controller For Grid Connected Doubly Fed Induction Generator with MPPT of Wind Energy Conversion System” is published in international Journal Of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER) in April 2015 special issue volume 10.No 9. (AnnexureII).
- Sathish Kumar&C.Nagarajan” Techno – Economic and Energy Loss analysis of 80 KWpthree phase Grid Connected string solar Photovoltaic power Plant” paper id IJISR- 16-049-52 is accepted for publication in International Journal of Innovation and Scientific Research.
- Sathish Kumar &C.Nagarajan” Modeling and Simulation of New Space Vector PWM Modulated Input Switched Hybrid Nine Level Converter for Three Phase Grid Connected PV Energy Generation Systems , ICSES Transaction on Computer Hardware and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 2, June 2019.
Papers Published in Conference Proceeding
- Presented Paper on a title “Performance – Economic and Energy Loss analysis of 80 KWpGrid Connected Roof Top Transformer less Photovoltaic power Plant” on an international conferenceICETS’18 on Muthayammal college of engineeringRasipuram
- Presented Paper on a title “modeling and control for smart grid integration with MPPT of solar/wind energy conversion system” on an international conferenceICETS’17 on Muthayammal college of engineeringRasipuram.
- Presented Paper on a title Digital Control in Unified Model of Bi-Directional Buck Boost Converter Using State Space Averaging Technique (For EHV applications) on an international conference onEngineering Technology and Science (ICETS’16)Muthayammal College of engineering Rasipuram.
- Presented Paper on a title Harmonics Minimization and Switching Angle Calculation in Cascaded Input Switched H-Bridge Multi Level Inverter Using Newton-Rap son and Genetic Algorithm by Selective Harmonic Elimination method on an international conference onEngineering Technology and Science (ICETS’16) Muthayammal College of engineering Rasipuram.
- Presented Paper on a title New Space Vector PWM Modulated Cascaded Input Switched H-Bridge Multi Level Inverter For Three Phase Grid Connected PV Energy Generation Systems on an international conference onEngineering Technology and Science (ICETS’16) Muthayammal College of engineering Rasipuram.
- Presented Paper on a title “Design and Development of a Fuzzy PI Controller for Grid Connected Doubly Fed Induction Generator with MPPT of Wind Energy Conversion System” in an international conference on Muthayammal college of engineering Rasipuram. Presented Paper on a title “High Frequency Induction Heating” on a National Conference on Mepco Schlenk Engineering CollegeSivakasi.
- Presented Paper on a title “Design and Implementation of High Frequency Induction Heating Using ZCS Resonant Converter” on a National Conference on PSNA Engineering College,Dinugul.
- Presented Paper on a title “Power quality improvement of a grid-connected wind energy conversion system with harmonics reduction using FACTS device” on aNational Conference on Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology Thiruvallur.
- Presented Paper on a title of” Doubly-Fed Induction Generator for Variable Speed Wind Energy Conversion Systems – Modeling & Simulation” on a National Conference on Muthayammal Engineering CollegeRasipuram.
- Selected as an SRF in CPRI Bangalore in the area of Design and Development of HVDCControls.
- Financial grant received from DST-NIMAT project proposalto conduct three days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp in JBRECHyderabad for the year 2018 and 2019.
- Established Institution InnovationCouncil (IIC) asper the norms and directions of Innovation Cell, Ministry of HRD, and ofIndia.
- Arranged project guidance center in JBREC by the support from Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI) and Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung (FNST) GermanyUniversity
Member of ProfessionalCommittees
- Member of International Association of Engineers (IA ENG) – member ship No: 127166.
- Member of International Computer Science and Engineering Society (ICSES)- member shipNo:1088
Reviewer of Journals
- Electric power components and systemsjournal
- Journal of Electrical Engineering technologyjournal
- International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applicationsjournal
- International Journal of Electrical Engineering Educationjournal
- Circuits and systemjournal
- NBA and NAAC Coordinator of the Department
- Department Association Treasure
- PG coordinator
- Chairperson for National Conference and National Level Technical Symposium for various Engineering college
- Co-ordinated for Postgraduate and undergraduate project works
Produced 100% Results in following Subjects:
Electrical Drives and Control
Solid State Drives
PG level: Advanced power semiconductor devices, solid state AC & DC drives, Analysis of power converters, Computer Aided Design of Electrical Apparatus, Smart Grid Technologies.
UG level: Solid State Drives, Electrical Machines-I & II, Power Electronics,Design of electrical Apparatus, Embedded System Design,Electronics & Microprocessor, Electrical Drives and control, CircuitTheory, Network Analysis and synthesis, High voltage Engineeringand Basic Electrical Engineering.